Typical Greek cuisine for home.
- 500 g chicken breast fillet
- 300 ml of tomato passata
- 300g Minos Kritharaki (rice noodles made from durum wheat semolina)
- 150-200ml Minos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 jar of Greek feta cubes with sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt pepper
Preparation time: approx. 70 minutes
Difficulty level: medium
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and add them to a large saucepan with a spoonful of water. Let it cook for a bit.
- Immediately after the water has evaporated, add the olive oil. As soon as the oil is hot, put the meat in the pan and sear it well on all sides.
- Then add salt, pepper, bay leaf and approx. 400ml water and let everything boil for 15-20 minutes.
- In another pot, bring water to a boil with a little salt and cook the Kritharaki in it for about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, add the tomato passata to the meat and let them cook down.
- Place the pieces of meat in a casserole dish with the sauce. Above that the Kritharaki. Mix everything well and add enough cooking water until the pasta is completely covered with water. Then you put the butter on top.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Then take the casserole out of the oven and let it stand for a while.
Sprinkle with feta if you like and enjoy.