The stuffed mini peppers not only taste good - they also look very pretty and are an excellent accompaniment to Mediterranean dishes.
- 8 mini peppers
- 1 mozzarella
- 50 g feta cubes with sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt pepper
- 2 tbsp Minos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preparation time: approx. 25 minutes
Difficulty level: easy
- Carefully cut out the stalk of the mini peppers. Using a small knife or spoon, remove the seeds from the pods through the slit. If you then rinse the peppers under running water, you should be able to remove the remains.
- Dry the pods well.
- Dice the mozzarella very finely and crumble the feta.
- Mix the various cheeses with salt, pepper and thyme into a malleable mass.
- This mass is now filled into the peppers. The cheese should not ooze out.
- Now the oil is heated. The pods are seared all over over high heat.
- Turn the heat down and fry for another 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the pods are soft but still have a bite to them.
The mini peppers taste best warm with good white bread roasted in olive oil . They are also ideal as an accompaniment to meat dishes and salads.